Reprinted with the kind permission of Sue Ingebretson and Rebuilding Wellness
Whiff a lemon lately? Did your stress disappear in a poof? Well, perhaps not. In any case, the scent of lemon has a powerful knack for knocking stress on its patootie. Stress is a popular topic in the fibromyalgia and chronic illness communities. So, try out this pair of easy DIY Stress-Relieving recipes below.
Looking for DIY recipes with 3 or fewer ingredients? You’ll love what I have to share today.
Reducing stress takes practice, so why not make it enjoyable? I encourage you to invite the stress-relieving benefits of lemon into your home using the DIY recipes provided.
Healing Benefits of Lemon Related to Stress
The juicy scent of lemon enlivens your senses. (Say that 3 times fast.) Citrusy scents, in particular, have the ability to help you shift your mood in some pretty interesting ways.
Here are just a few  —
- Lemon’s calming nature helps to reduce mental fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and nervous tension.
- It helps to refresh the mind, create a positive outlook, and eliminates negative emotions.
- Inhaling this scent, in particular, is often linked to improving concentration and alertness.
How can you go about getting these benefits for yourself?
First, make sure that you’re using a high-quality essential oil. Pure essential oils provide long-lasting results because of their natural and therapeutic properties. Do your best to purchase your oils using these simple guidelines.
- Buy the highest quality oil you can, based on your budget of course
- Buy from a source that you trust
- Ask questions if you’re not sure or would like clarifications
If you have questions about brands, purity, or about where to purchase essential oils, feel free to contact me here.
Here are two simple, DIY Recipes to put the powerful benefits of lemon to work for you.
All Day Long Juicy Room Freshener
Some rooms, ahem, tend to smell better than others. The following recipe will help to keep any room smelling fresh. The great news is that it’s both simple and inexpensive. A great combo!
Besides the lemon oil, all you need is a small glass dish and about ½ C of uncooked rice.
Simply pour the rice into a dish and apply 10-15 drops of oil to the rice. The rice will release the scent slowly over time.
- Be sure to place this dish out of reach of children and away from any pets. Of course, make sure pets are never closed into any room while diffusing essential oils.
- Use a small mason jar instead of the dish, and replace the cap with fabric allowing the scent to “breathe.” (Extra bonus, this makes a cute gift, too!)
Detox Lemony Relaxation Soak
Blend just a few simple ingredients and find yourself soothed, relaxed, and rejuvenated.
According to Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., “The scent of lemon essential oil triggers the release of a hormone that creates pressure in lymph vessels to further boost lymph flow.”
Here’s the recipe idea she shared in the March 2018 issue of FIRST for Women magazine.
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 tsp. carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil
Blend well and add to –
- 2 C Epsom salts
Mix well and store in an airtight mason jar.
To use – pour ½ cup of mixture into a tub of hot water. Soak for at least 20 minutes to gain the therapeutic benefits of this blend. Do this 2 x week.
Ready to enjoy the juicy scent of lemon in your home? What makes stress go POOF for you?
Write your favorite essential oil uses or recipes in the comments below and share how you put a stop to stress.
Sue Ingebretson is becoming a most sought after symptom-relief expert in the fibromyalgia and chronic illness communities. She’s known for getting to the root of her client’s health challenges and delivering long-term results using a light-hearted approach without quick-fix remedies that only mask symptoms. You can find out more and contact Sue at www.RebuildingWellness.com
Do you know that breakfast has the greatest potential to contribute to your PAIN? Grab your free Stop Feeding Yourself PAIN guide here and learn why!