On August 1, PANDORA & CFS Solutions issued the following announcement of their merger. Thank you, Marly Siverman, for all your hard and loving work over the past 10 years to help the NEI patient community (ME/CFS, FM, MCS, GWI, Lyme). And thank you, Lory Chapo-Kroger, for accepting this very important responsibility.
What started as friendship turned into a partnership on projects…
and has now led to a marriage
August will be a transition month as two great patient advocacy organizations join together, ultimately to become one. Already, the cooperation has led to shared resources and shared advocacy successes.
As with any marriage, the two will have shared interests. What attracted PANDORA and CFS Solutions of West Michigan together is the mutual belief that advocacy and clinical care for neuro-endocrine-immune diseases are best done together because these diseases either overlap or involve a dysfunction of multiple body systems at once.
During this transition period in August, the CFS Solutions of West Michigan board will work with PANDORA’s board to make decisions on some of the structural details.
Thus far, we know these changes will occur:
• PANDORA and CFS Solutions will become one non-profit organization with one board. That organization will operate under the name “PANDORA.” (Patient Alliance for NeuroEndocrineImmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy, Inc.)
• PANDORA’s base will be moved from Florida to West Michigan.
• PANDORA founder, Marly Silverman, will retire from her public role and will become an advisor to the new PANDORA.
• Lori Chapo-Kroger will assume the leadership and public role in PANDORA.
• Support group meetings and education classes will continue in West Michigan, just as they do now, under CFS Solutions of West Michigan. CFS Solutions will become a PANDORA project.
• The target date for completing the transition is September 1, 2012.
We want to assure you that we will keep you informed of any other changes as they are decided.
Please join us in celebrating this marriage so PANDORA can continue to serve you in improving the quality of life for neuro-endocrine-immune patients. To take a look back at the many accomplishments in the first ten years of PANDORA, please see our
– PANDORA and CFS Solutions of West Michigan, Aug 1, 2012