FACES (the Fibromyalgia Association Created for Education and Self-Help) invites all champions of FM and CFS to two days of expert presentations and workshops at the 2007 Midwestern Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Conference in Chicago, Saturday and Sunday, May 19 & 20. Additionally, an opening gala is scheduled for Friday night, May 18.
Featured speakers will include, for example:
- National Fibromyalgia Association President Lynne Matallana;
- Dr. Leonard Jason, PhD, director of DePaul University’s Center for Community Research;
- Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, author of From Fatigued to Fantastic;
- Dr. Joan Shaver, PhD, RN, FAAN, professor and dean of the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing;
- Rosalie Devonshire, MSW, author of the self-management guide Taking Charge of Fibromyalgia;
- Dr. Muhammad Yunus, MD, professor of medicine and rheumatology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine;
SS Disability attorney Jeffrey Rabin, Esq.
"Crossing the Chronic Pain and Fatigue Bridge to Move from Victim to Victory."
Patient education and awareness building. But the conference also offers important information for family members, employers, healthcare providers including pain managers and therapists, attorneys, social service providers, and funders.
To view and download a description of conference highlights and a registration booklet, go to http://www.fibrocop.org
Conference features will include:
- Top national and “homegrown” researchers, healthcare providers, attorneys, and patient advocates;
- Information on Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome;
- Updates on conventional, alternative, and integrative treatment options;
- Disability and legal information;
- Economic empowerment advice;
- Exhibitors and vendors;
- And a photo awareness exhibition.
To Register and For Questions, Contact:
Conference Planning Committee
Voice Mail (773) 936-4183
Fax (773) 581-3209
P. O. Box 528504
Chicago, Illinois 60652-8504