Laundry and Housecleaning Tips:
* Do only the tasks that are really necessary. For example, buy permanent-press items that don’t need ironing.
* Use separate laundry baskets to sort clothes before taking them to the laundry room. After the clothes come out of the dryer, sort them into different baskets for each family member to put away.
* Use a sponge mop with an easy squeezer, a “janitor’s pail” with a wringer, or a pail on a wooden dolly.
* Use a long-handled feather duster.
* Dust with a mitt, using circular motions with your hand extended.
* Wear an apron with big pockets for carrying cleaning supplies.
* Alternate heavy tasks, such as mopping floors, with light ones, such as dusting.
* Just do one major cleaning task a day, such as washing clothes or cleaning the bathroom
(Source: University of Washington, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine)